With SwissCaution you are in good hands !
What is the maximum deposit amount guaranteed by SwissCaution ?
- Our rental guarantee is limited to a maximum amount of CHF 15'000.- for housing leases. There is no limit on the rental guarantee amount for commercial leases.
I already have a bank deposit. Can I release it today ?
- Yes, you can establish a SwissCaution rental guarantee at any time and in doing so recover the money deposited at your bank.
I’m moving, how do I terminate my guarantee ?
- The original copy of the guarantee certificate addressed to your lessor or your lessor’s representative (real estate agency) must be returned to us in order for us to release your guarantee. Once we receive the certificate you will be automatically released from paying the annual premium of the following year.
If your lessor has any claims against you, and if you agree, SwissCaution will directly pay your lessor the requested amount up to an amount equal to your rental guarantee. You must then reimburse SwissCaution the amount paid to your lessor or your lessor’s representative.
PS: Don’t forget to contact your insurer (RC/household insurance) who could take care of these costs.
To quickly obtain a new rental guarantee for your new lodging, you must complete a new SwissCaution rental guarantee request as it is a new lease contract.
What is the quality of the guarantee from SwissCaution ?
- SwissCaution is an insurance company regulated by contract insurance law and is, thereby, controlled by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA). This means that SwissCaution is able to offer the same guarantees as a bank.
Is it possible to guarantee a commercial lease ?
- Yes, our services also apply to commercial leases. Please visit commercial lease pages.
How long am I tied to my SwissCaution guarantee ?
- You can terminate your rental guarantee at any time. You just need to provide your lessor with a substitute guarantee of the same amount and the same quality. Your lessor or your lessor’s representative must returned the cancelled original rental certificate to SwissCaution.