Make your housing search easy with the SwissCaution Certificate!
The SwissCaution Certificate assures your lessor of the delivery of your future SwissCaution rental guarantee.
Please be advised that the Certificate is not the official rental guarantee document. If you are already in the possession of your lease or a proposed lease, you may directly apply for your rental guarantee.
The application for the Certificate can only be made online.
The Certificate of the SwissCaution rental guarantee makes your life easier. This document allows you to benefit from a considerable advantage in the search for the accommodation of your dreams. This document provides your lessor with immediate proof that you have already been approved for a SwissCaution rental guarantee.
How it works?
1. Before finding your accommodation:
While searching for accommodation, apply for the Certificate of the rental guarantee by clicking on the link below.
After instantly validating your application, SwissCaution will immediately send you the document by e-mail assuring your lessor of the delivery of your future SwissCaution rental guarantee.
2. After having found your accommodation:
Once you have received your lease or draft lease, the only thing left to do is to apply for your SwissCaution rental guarantee.
To do this:
- Enter the number of your Certificate in the rental guarantee application below;
- Attach a copy of the required documents;
- You pay the flat rate registration fee of CHF 231.-.
Once your application has been processed, SwissCaution will send your official rental guarantee directly to your lessor or the real estate agency, as well as a copy to you.
Cost and conditions
- The SwissCaution Certificate is free of cost. You are therefore not obligated to pay any fee in order to receive this document which assures your lessor of the delivery of your future SwissCaution rental guarantee once you apply for it;
- The Certificate is intended exclusively for a residential lease. This document does not replace nor possess the value of a rental guarantee Certificate;
- The Certificate may be issued for a rental guarantee maximum amount of CHF 15,000.-;
- The Certificate is valid for three months from the date of issue and strictly adheres to all provided information;
- The Certificate is nominative and non-transferable;
- The Certificate is only delivered electronically (e-mail).