Make your housing search easy with the SwissCaution provisional Certificate!
The provisional SwissCaution certificate assures your landlord the delivery of your future SwissCaution rental guarantee.
Please be advised that the provisional certificate is not the official rental guarantee document. If you are already in possession of your lease or a draft lease, you may already apply for your rental guarantee.
The provisional certificate application can only be made online.
The provisional SwissCaution rental guarantee certificate makes your life easier. This document grants you a considerable advantage while searching for the accomodation of your dreams. This document provides your landlord with immediate proof that you have already been accepted for a SwissCaution rental guarantee.
How it works?
1. Before finding your accommodation:
While searching for accommodation, apply for the provisional rental guarantee certificate by clicking on the link below.
After instantly validating your application, SwissCaution will immediately send you the document by e-mail assuring your landlord of the delivery of your future SwissCaution rental guarantee.
2. After having found your accommodation:
Once you have received your lease or draft lease, all you need to do is apply for your SwissCaution rental guarantee.
Steps to take:
- Enter the number of your provisional rental guarantee certificate in the rental guarantee application below;
- Attach a copy of the required documents;
- Pay the fixed registration premium of CHF 160.-* CHF 231.-.
* SwissCaution’s 30 year anniversary offer valid on the fixed registration premium from 01.01 until 31.12.2021
Once your application has been processed, SwissCaution will send the official rental guarantee directly to your landlord or the real estate agency, as well as a copy to you.
Cost and conditions
- The provisional SwissCaution rental guarantee certificate is free of cost. You are therefore not required to pay any fee to receive this document which assures your landlord the delivery of your future SwissCaution rental guarantee once you apply for it;
- The provisional certificate is intended exclusively for residential leases. This document does not replace or have the same value as a rental guarantee certificate;
- The provisional certificate may only be issued for rental guarantees below the amount of CHF 15’000.-;
- The provisional certificate is valid for three months from the issuance date and strictly adheres to all provided information;
- The Certificate is nominative and non-transferable;
- The Certificate is only delivered electronically (e-mail).