If you have subscribed to a rental guarantee for a residential lease, you can count on immediate assistance 24/7 in the event of an emergency related to your apartment covered by your rental guarantee.
Examples of emergency assistance provided by HomeAssistance
Organization of immediate measures in the event of an incident and coverage of the associated costs.
Loss of apartment keys
Organization of a craftsman, coverage of costs for opening the door and installing an emergency lock.
Emergency locks and security
Coverage of costs for emergency locks and securing the insured apartment.
Organization of pipe cleaning in the event of a clogged water pipe, coverage of the costs for immediate measures that are not covered by your landlord.
Insects and pests
Referral to a specialist company and coverage of costs for pest control or removal of wasp, hornet and bee nests.
Loss of traveler's checks, cash, bank cards, postal account cards, credit cards and customer cards
Connection with the hotline of the bank or card issuer concerned.
How does it work?
- You have an emergency related to your apartment insured by your rental guarantee and your lessor or his/her representative is unreachable.
- Call SwissCaution on 0848 001 848 and choose the HomeAssistance service 24/7.
- You are identified by your name / SwissCaution contract number.
- Organization of immediate measures in the apartment insured by the rental guarantee for a residential lease.
- What about costs? There's no deductible, and we pay up to CHF 1,000 per claim.
- Inform your landlord.
Good to know
We work with local craftsmen who are known for their expertise.
You will find more information in the SwissCaution HomeAssistance conditions.
All you need to know about HomeAssistance
Lost keys, leaking water, a wasp’s nest under your roof… Once you’ve settled into your home, the unexpected can sometimes happen. But don’t worry: the SwissCaution rental guarantee comes free with the HomeAssistance breakdown assistance service.
The HomeAssistance service is at your disposal 24/7 in the event of an emergency, and covers up to CHF 1,000 per claim. And that’s unique in Switzerland!
If you are faced with an emergency related to your apartment insured by your rental guarantee, we advise you to contact your landlord or his/her representative first to find out how he/she wishes to proceed.
We recommend that you contact HomeAssistance in the following cases:
- you have already contacted your landlord or his/her representative and he/she has given you his/her agreement to call on HomeAssistance
- you are faced with an emergency outside your real estate agency’s opening hours or when your landlord is unreachable
- in the event of loss of traveler’s checks, cash, bank cards, postal account cards, credit cards and customer cards
All customers with a SwissCaution rental guarantee for a residential lease.
It must be an emergency related to the apartment covered by the rental guarantee for a residential lease. For more details about the different types of emergency intervention, please refer to the SwissCaution HomeAssistance conditions
We work with local craftsmen who have a proven track record.
The organizational costs of the measures are covered without deductible up to CHF 1,000 per claim.
Call SwissCaution at 0848 001 848 and select the HomeAssistance service 24/7. You will then be identified by your name / SwissCaution contract number. This allows us to organize the emergency intervention as quickly as possible.