No.1 in rental guarantees without bank deposit!

Questions frequently asked by real estate agencies and landlords

  • Is the SwissCaution rental guarantee equivalent to a bank rental guarantee?

    SwissCaution offers the same guarantees as a bank. SwissCaution is an insurance company subject to the law on insurance contracts and consequently to the supervision of the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA).

  • How long does it take to issue the rental guarantee?

    The SwissCaution rental guarantee procedure is simple, efficient and fast. We process a rental guarantee request immediately, provided that the tenant sends us the request and all the necessary documents and pays the CHF 160.-* fixed registration premium. The rental guarantee certificate is then sent directly by mail to the landlord or the landlord’s representative with a copy sent to the tenant.

    * SwissCaution’s 30 year anniversary offer valid on the fixed registration premium from 01.01 until 31.12.2021

  • When does the rental guarantee take effect and how long is it valid?

    The rental guarantee takes effect on its date of issue and is valid until the landlord has released the rental guarantee with SwissCaution.

  • What happens if the tenant fails to pay the rental guarantee premium?

    Coverage is provided by the rental guarantee even in the event of non-payment of the premium by the tenant.

  • Can the tenant terminate the rental guarantee without my consent?

    No, only the landlord or the landlord’s representative can release the rental guarantee. The landlord or the landlord’s representative only needs to sign and return the original rental guarantee certificate to SwissCaution.

  • How do I release the rental guarantee?

    Only the landlord or the landlord’s representative (real estate agency) can release the rental guarantee by returning the original rental guarantee certificate, signed by both parties, to SwissCaution directly. SwissCaution then pays the landlord all debt associated with the tenant’s rental contract up to the maximum amount of the guarantee. To find out more, please contact us or visit the website dedicated to real estate professionals:

SwissCaution celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2021 and offers you a 30% discount on your fixed registration premium of all new rental guarantee requests for a private lease made between the 01.01 and 31.12.2021.

Votre navigateur n'est pas pris en charge. Veuillez l'actualiser ou utiliser un navigateur plus récent.

Contact us

Our advisors are available for all of your questions:

0848 001 848

Visit us at one of our agencies.

Find an agency

Contest open to everyone!

Additional advantages offered exclusively to all SwissCaution clients!

Exclusive offers

Up to 55% off exclusive offers from our partners.

Loyalty coupons

Receive a CHF 50.- coupon for your loyalty!

Sponsorship coupons

Receive a CHF 25.- coupon for each sponsorship completed!

Discover the many advantages of the Club Privilege.

English version of is not yet available.