The SwissCaution rental guarantee simple, practical and quick!
The SwissCaution rental guarantee replaces the bank deposit and gives your lessor the same security and value as a bank deposit guarantee.
For an annual premium, SwissCaution provides an original rental guarantee document for the lessor or real estate agency in the form of deposit insurance equivalent to a bank deposit guarantee with added service quality and speed.
- Annual premium of 5% of the rental guarantee amount + administrative costs of CHF 50.- + issue fee of CHF 100.– for the rental guarantee (only in the 1st year) + federal stamp duty of 5%.
- A personal guarantor domiciled in Switzerland is mandatory as a joint and several codebtor when a legal person is the sole lessee registered on the lease.
- Unlimited rental guarantee amount.
Request your rental guarantee in four steps right now:
The online form will guide you step-by-step to your rental guarantee.
- Complete the online form in accordance with your lease or proposed lease
- Send the completed form, signed by all the lessees and guarantors named in the lease, to SwissCaution by e-mail or post with copies of the following documents:
- Commercial lease or proposed lease for a minimum period of one year
- ID document(s) and B and C residence permits of all the lessees and guarantors*
- Financial statements from the last 2 financial years (or a business plan and a budget for a new professional activity)
Other documents may be requested depending on the nature of the business.
- After receiving your request and all the required documents, SwissCaution will examine your file. Once your request has been accepted, SwissCaution will send you a confirmation including the annual premium payable
- After receiving payment of your first annual premium, SwissCaution will issue the original rental guarantee document for your lessor and a copy for you
*The guarantor must be resident in Switzerland.
How do I terminate my rental guarantee?
You can terminate your rental guarantee at any time. Only your lessor or your lessor’s representative can release the rental guarantee.
To do this:
- Ask your lessor or your lessor’s representative (real estate agency) to sign and return the original rental guarantee to SwissCaution
- After receiving the request from your lessor, you will be automatically released from paying the annual premium of the following year